Sunday, July 11, 2004

finished the shawl

I finished the shawl last evening. I ended up doing a I-cord bind off on the top. I think this gives it alot of durability. It is always so exciting to finish a project. It was a fun and easy lace pattern. I was reading Knitpulsive 's blog. She had made a few of the "Round the capelet"mini ponchos. They are so adorable. Here is a link to the pattern capelet. I had a few skeins of Jiffy Woolease kicking around in my stash. I have worked about four rounds on it today. It seems to be a quick and easy project. My 10 year old niece will just love this. she had been asking me about ponchos a few weeks ago. I also have a small pair of socks that I am on the home stretch with. So many projects ....so little time. Speaking of ponchos... My mother used to knit ponchos for use girls. I think we each had two of them. She would make them on circular needles with different stripes and designs. I wish she still had some of those old patterns. Everything come around again, what was once old becomes new. Funny how that works. I put a tag board on the blog today. Now, if I can just figure out how to move it up so people can see it.Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........