Thursday, July 15, 2004

Six Sox Knitalong

Yeah!!!!! They have announced the new sock for the Six Sox Knitalong. The pattern is called "Making Waves" and what a beautiful sock it is. I am thinking about whether I want to use a plain or variegated yarn. I think the pattern will show up nicer on a solid yarn. I wish I had access to some Lorna"s Laces. I have wanted to try this yarn for awhile. Decisions, decisions.... I bought a couple of poncho patterns today. One is a Patons pattern with an adorable girl's poncho made out of Twister. I am not crazy about working with Twister so I will substitute with something else. The other pattern is from Light and Lofty. This poncho I am going to make for my 10 year old niece. I have never used the Light and Lofty before. It has a funky feel to it. I am also working on a pair of  American girl socks. Here is the link for them http://www.socknitters.com/PATTERNS/agsocks.htm
They are so adorable. I am making them to match the little girl sock for Lacey. Talk about tiny, tiny socks. Off to start my other mini poncho