Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Poncho

I just posted photos below of Hailey's finished poncho. I gave it to her today. She jumped up and down and was overjoyed with it. I am very pleased with the way it came out. I am working on a smaller size one for her 7 year old sister. I am making it with the leftover blue shades. Waste not want not, right? I have about six inches worked up on the 2nd poncho. In sock news...... I worked about 5 inches of the "Making Waves" pattern. It is a pretty pattern, but... The yarn I choose was way too dark to show up the pattern. I had been reading many messages on the Six Sox list about this pattern. They were saying the sock pulls in rather tight. Considering I have a size 9 foot and thick ankles. I have decided to not knit this pattern. So, will wait for the 3rd sock pattern to come out. I certainly have plenty of projects lined up. Tomorrow I will post a photo of the "Turkish Stitch " shawl. I did not want Adrienne to see it before her birthday. They are driving up tonight, so she will get to open her gifts tomorrow. We are looking forward to their visit. I have a coffee cake baking right now. That will be an easy breakfast for a few days. See you all tomorrow....