Sunday, July 25, 2004

socks,squares and more poncho

I finally picked a yarn for the "Making Waves" for the Six Sox Knitalong. It is  beautiful shades of blues, in Mountain Colors "Bearfoot". I will post a pic of it tomorrow. I think it will show the design nicely. I have been racking my brain to find a sailboat dishcloth pattern I had seen somewhere. I have volunteered to make a few squares for Patti . She is making a Healthful Throw four a four year old boy with leukemia. I thought this little sailboat would make a cute block for the afghan. Tomorrow if I get a break at work I am going to run to the library and take out a copy of Barbara Walker's "Second treasury of Knitting Patterns". Maybe I can come up with something. I had searched the internet for a couple of hours for ideas for "boyish" squares. I just ended up starting a trinity stitch design. I will see how this works up. I am making good progress on the poncho. I have another five or six inches completed. I bought some more yarn today as I decided to make the bottom solid with fringe. I need to post a few more pictures.