Saturday, August 14, 2004

Ponchos continued... And other news

I just wrote a lengthy post and lost it. Boy is that frustrating. I just uploaded pictures of Lacey's poncho. She LOVES it!!! It is just different enough from Hailey's to please her. I know better than to make them the same. They both want matching mittens to go with them. They get so excited about handmade things. They are fun to knit for because I know how much they appreciate the work. I casted on the Leaf Lace Socks from Fiber Trends. I am using the Mountain Colors "Bearfoot" in Alpine. The yarn is too dark to show up the pattern. But, I am really enjoying knitting these. I will post a progress photo soon. I am finding that I am drawn to Lace work. I am contemplating making Madli's Shawl from the IK Summer 2004 issue. I also bought some lace weight merino for the "Flower Basket" shawl in the current Fall issue of IK. I got a subscription to this magazine a few months ago. I am STILL waiting for the Fall issue. I have emailed them and they say it is on the way. Every time I see the issue at Barnes and Noble I want to buy it. I am still lusting after the "Best of Knitters Shawls and Stole "book. I just need to break down and order it. Well...Off for a ride on the lake. Happy knitting everyone.