Sunday, June 26, 2005

Good Morning

Good morning everyone....What an absolutely gorgeous day here in NH. Summer has finally arrived. It was in the 90's yesterday and to be the same today.We were on the lake till almost 11:00 last evening. My husband is an avid fisherman. I always back my bag with a book, crossword puzzle and my knitting/crocheting. I will fish for awhile then I get bored. Last night,I made a pair of the crochet flip flops for my 7 year old niece.She picked out the yarn and the flip flops. They are just adorable. The fish did not seem to mind that I was crocheting.I started to read Dean Koontz, "Taken". I had just finished "Life Expectancy", the other evening. I have read every book he has written. In knitting news.........I am working on the Branching Out Scarf. It is a great pattern and working up nicely. I am using some laceweight Frog Tree Alpaca from my stash. I am making this for my Mother in law for Christmas. I finished a pair of socks too. They look a little funny in the photo. I still need to block them. I started the "Go with the flow" socks from Interweave Knits Summer issue. I had about four inches of the cuff finished. I was using "Sockotta" for yarn. I did not think the pattern was showing up with this yarn. I decided to frog them. I need to find solid sock yarn. My LYS never has solid sock yarn in stock.I am hoping Elann will replenish their supply of solid colors. I think I may start the "Cable Rib" socks from the IK Fall issue. I have some left over "Ruby" Mountain Colors Bearfoot. That is the yarn I used for the Shapely Shawlette.I also liked the Brioche helmet hat from that issue too. I am going to make a few for my Hat and Mitten tree.I guess that is all for today. I am going to head out and enjoy this beautiful day.