Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Patternworks tent sale....

I have been meaning to post all week. Last Friday I drove to the Patternworks tent sale. We had to wait about two and a half hours to get into the tent. They hold this event where Keepsake Quilts is in Center Harbor. I think most of the people go for the quilting sale. There were many people in line when we arrived at 8:00 a.m. I remember saying last year ,I would not go and wait in that line again. We had a good time chatting with others in line. I was the only one around me that was there for the yarn. As you can see from the pictures ....I made out like a bandit. I tried to only buy yarn with projects in mind. The three dark grey Galway will become a "Lucy" bag. I love the grey with speckles.Galway is one of my favorite yarns. I am going to make some felted clogs with some of the Galway. The single skein of Cascade 220 will be a pair of the Ballerina felted slippers. The two skeins of light blue nature spun will be a "Flared Smoke Ring"(http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/a49.shtm). I won the skein of Brown Sheep Burly Spun. I had to answer a knitting question while waiting in line. I am not sure what I will do with a single skein of that. I know you are just dying to know how much I spent. It all came to a grand total of $38.00 ! You had to go out of the tent to check out. I thought I had spent much more than that. I was tempted to go back in the tent....But, at that point I would have to wait in line again. I was hoping to find some sock yarn too. So..All and all it was a great day and fun was had by all. I just received my Green Mountain Spinnery book in the mail. I am looking forward to sitting down and reading it. I am hoping to practice with my drop spindle later this week. I have been frustrated with still trying to find a spinning guild. I had some wonderful emails from people on the "Spindler" list. I made two more calls today , only to find they have disbanded. There is a guild that meets in Hampstead which is about an hour and twenty minutes away. I may end up going and checking out a meeting there. I was really hoping to find something in the Seacoast. Well....I guess that is it for my update. Happy Knitting friends!