Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Kool-aid Yarn...

Do you remember the yarn I dyed with Kool-aid in February? The chocolate yarn became a hat and mitten set. The lovely bright green became a pair of cable mittens. I am tucking these away for my hat and mitten tree at the salon. I wish I had thought to take pictures last Christmas. The tree was beautifully loaded with hats and mittens. I received another thank you from the local homeless shelter. The pattern for the mittens is an older Green Mountain Spinnery pattern called Bulky Mittens. It is supposed to be two strands of worsted weight yarn. I used the one strand of the Bartletts because it is a bit heavier. I just ordered the Green Mountain Spinnery book from Overstock the other night. I am anxious to get it in the mail. It is supposed to have thirty of their original patterns. I have not played with my drop spindle this week. I hope to practice some more later in the week. I am still trying to locate a spinning guild in my area. Patternworks in Center Harbor is having their annual tent sale this Friday. I swore I would not go after waiting in line three hours last year. I had a friend ask if I wanted to go....Of course I thought of all the bargains I might find. So...I am off early on Friday morning to drive up to Center Harbor. It is supposed to be a gorgeous day. I will be sure to post all about it this weekend. Off to cast on another mitten....