Friday, May 26, 2006

I am still here and have not floated away...... I am sure most of you were aware of the flooding New Hampshire last week. Our lake was the highest it has ever been. We stayed warm and dry. We had damage to our dock and beach/ land. But, we were very lucky our home was up as high as it is. We were stranded for two days from the road washing out in two places. This happens frequently, never to the extent this time. There was quite a lot of damage in the surrounding towns . We feel very fortunate. In knitting news.... I am still on a felting frenzy. I made a "Lucy" bag and a
Retro Bag". This is stuff I had sitting in my stash. I also used up some "Burly Spun" I had won at the Patternworks tent sale last year. I made two hats from the skein. I will put them away for the Hat/Mitten tree this year. I did finish up the "Simply Lovely Lace Socks". I will post a picture later. The came out wonderful and it is a great simple pattern. I have not been knitting for a few days. I have a friend who is a rug hooker. She had made twelve stair treads for her steps in her farmhouse. They are a log cabin design. I am helping her with the finish bind off . Basically it is just an overcast stitch with two strands of wool. It is a time consuming step. It has taken me two days to complete one of the treads. They are really gorgeous. I will have to take a picture to show you. We have company coming for the weekend. They are coming up from Pennsylvania and will be here in the wee hours. I guess it is going to be a gorgeous weekend. We are due for some beautiful weather. Hope everyone has a chance to enjoy the weekend. I'll close for now and Happy Knitting everyone!