Sunday, May 14, 2006

NH Sheep and Wool

Back from my great adventure to the NH Sheep and Wool. Boy....Did it pour. The term "raining cats and dogs" was very appropriate. I wore my sneakers and wished I had a pair of duck boots. The were huge puddles in front of some barns. I am sure I missed a few of the exhibitors. I had a great time despite the weather. I took a couple of pictures. I did not end up connecting with any bloggers. The were a few faces I thought I recognized. I should have walked up and said hello. I was hoping to get to meet Sandy or Cheryl . There was a blogger picnic somewhere on the fairgrounds. I never did find that either. The fibers were beautiful. I did break my Yarn fast and used my free day for the month of May. I bought a beautiful skein of "Bearfoot" and Trekking XXL in a purple colorway. I came upon some natural brushed Mohair that I scooped up to dye. I picked up a new Country Classic dye in the shade "Deep Purple". I also picked up the Yummy Mittens pattern. I almost forget...I did meet a blogger. It was Rose, she was working at the Spirit Trail booth where I bought my pattern. She was very nice and had been in Maryland the week before. In other news.....It is still raining here. My road is washed out in two spots. I think Bruce will have to take me to work in the truck tomorrow. The lake is the highest it has ever been. The water is right to my deck. My husband just lassoed the deck as it was floating down. The lake. I will post some pictures later. Off to check on the situation.