Sunday, April 09, 2006

Stash Shopping...

I have had a bunch of Lopi in my stash for months now. One of my customers makes Lopi Sweaters and gave me all her leftover balls. I was going to use them for felted mittens. I gathered some of them up last night. Some of the colors are just a small amount. So, I decided to make Kitty Pi Bed . Miss Peaches loves her bed and practically lives in it. I think this one will be for my Mom's cat Shadow. He is an old boy and loves to curl up in anything he can. My Mom crochets critter blankets for our local animal shelter. Since both of our animals came from this shelter, it is near and dear to our hearts. Shadow always lays on one of her critter blankets. I think he will be very happy with a warm and cuddly new bed. I finally remembered to post a picture of my Windowpane Mittens(that is for you Robbyn!). The pattern is from the book "Homespun Handknits". I used some alpaca for these and they feel luxurious. I will be making a few more pairs of these mittens. The last photo is a pair of baby socks . What a great use of those little bits of leftover sock yarn. They work up so fast too. I used my favorite pattern from Yankee Knitters in the smallest size. I just finished the cutest little children's hat. I am going to wait to post a pic till I finish the embellishments. It is a gorgeous day here in New Hampshire. We are going to do some outside work today. I can't do rake with my shoulder. But, we have so many sticks that have come down over the winter. So that will be my job. I need to run some movies back to town too. We watched "Flight Plan" last night with Jodie Foster. I thought it was a very good movie. We are huge Jodie Foster fans. I'll close for now ....Happy Knitting everyone.