Thursday, August 26, 2004

I need a swift!!!!!

I just spent two and a half hours winding my Skacel lace weight merino. It had more twists and tangles than I have ever seen. I only lost a few yards of it. I was hoping to cast on my Flower Basket Shawl . I think I need a break right now. I use a toilet paper roll to wind my yarn around...Primitive ,yes... But it works. I might need to think about a swift. I just have no room to set it up. I wonder if you can use a ball winder without a swift? I posted progress pictures below of the Leaf Lace socks and the finished baby blanket. I also want to thank everyone for the chicken advice. I have heard some funny stories from everyone. I think we are going to try to find a farm for our beloved "Apricot the rooster". I am sure it is very lonely for him around here.Happy knitting everyone! Ohhhhhhhhhh The U.S.Women's Soccer just won the gold medal. What a heck of a game it was.... Woohoo!!!!!!!