Friday, October 22, 2004

Knitting away...

Just posted a picture of my Kitty Pi bed. It is still drying. Actually the rolled edge is still soaking wet after one day. I meant to take a picture pre-felted. I am so hoping it is big enough for Peaches. I enlarged it by a few rounds. Please keep your fingers crossed. If not, it will be a nice Christmas present for Shadow(Mom's cat). He is going to be getting one anyway, but in boyish colors. Has anyone out there used Bartlett's yarn for felting? I keep reading how it does not felt properly. I have a bunch of it and am going to knit a few swatches to see how it felts. I always use Lamb's Pride or Galway for my felted projects. I have never had a problem with either of them. The other pictures are the "Butterfly Wings" quick knit throw. Here is the link for that pattern Throw. I am using Patons "Divine" and a size 17 needle. The yarn is so soft and cuddly. I love this pattern. You can really see the pattern in the close up picture. I am thinking of making a few for Christmas presents too. I have some Plymouth Outback mohair I bought at Elann. I think I will use a solid yarn with it for the second throw. I have been trying to use up stash yarn for the mittens for the mitten tree. I always feel better when I use something I already have. I also finished the Mystery project from Inspirations yarns. I am not going to post the picture till I get an okay from Margaret. I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone. All for now.