Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hat and Mitten tree

I just installed Haloscan. I think it will be much easier for people to leave comments now. Sometimes they would come back as anonymous and I could not answer their question.I am going to have a hat and mitten tree in the salon for Christmas. I am really excited about this. I have been knitting away on mittens. I need to make up some posters for the window. I also am going to write up a little piece for the paper. That way we can get some outside donations. There are a few place in town I will donate the proceeds to. We have a orphanage and a battered woman's shelter . There is also the local homeless shelter. I am hoping I have enough to spread around to all three charities. If anyone wants to make a pair of mittens or hat , please feel free. You can email me for an address to send them too.
I can't believe how fast the time is flying. It seems like it was just the end of August. I am hoping to pick a few more apples at the end of the week. There are several late apples at the local orchard. Have you heard about Elizabeth's blogger cookbook? Click on over to her blog and check it out. I am going to get a few recipes together later. Also, Have you been following the project elections over at Boogie Knits ? She is too funny..... I loved today's post about the sock debates. She always makes me chuckle over my morning coffee. There are some very talented writers/knitters out there in blogland. I need to take Peaches to the vets today for her shots. I have this teeny tiny cat carrier, that she does not fit into very well. Do you think I remembered to go buy a bigger one? No....The poor little thing will be squishing her butt into this one. I promised her I will buy her a larger one for the next visit. Hopefully by the end of the day she will have forgiven me. Have a great day everyone.