Monday, October 04, 2004

Knitting withdrawal

Hello everyone.... My company packed up and left this morning. I have not had a chance to knit in FOUR days! Needless to say, I am suffering from knitting withdrawal. I worked late this evening. But, I was determined to knit a few rows on my second pair of thrummed mittens. I am using "Galway " yarn and some gorgeous roving. The picture below shows the roving I bought at the Deerfield Fair. I love the colors. I am hoping to have a mitten/hat tree in at the shop for Christmas. We have an orphanage in town . I am planning to donate the hats and mittens to them. I do not have any customers that knit...But, maybe they will buy a pair to put on the tree. I have plenty of roving to make up some thrummed mittens. This batch of roving and fleece is so much softer then the stuff I bought in Concord. I am not sure why that is. I am using this pattern for the second pair. It has more thrums and they are closer together. So far so good....