Friday, October 01, 2004

Rovings....

I finished the first pair of mittens. I will take a picture tomorrow when the lighting is better. We have company visiting from Pennsylvania. We got up bright and early and went to the Deerfield Fair. It is a four day fair and one of the better ones in the area. We had a great time...At the end of the day , I stumbled across a small Fiber Tent. She had all kinds of colorful rovings. Also, some beautiful handspun yarn. I bought four different colors of roving. It is so much softer than the type I bought for the first pair of mittens. I think it might be "Romney", but I have limited knowledge of fibers. I bought the softest ,brightest red. Again, I will take some pics tomorrow. I have started a second pair of mittens in some grey Galway. Galway is one of my favorites yarns for felting too. I am enjoying blog hopping and seeing what everyone is working on. There are some gorgeous mittens out there. I don't expect to be able to do much knitting this weekend. But, I might sneak in a bit before bed. Have a great weekend everyone.