Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Slippers and Dolls and other ramblings...

Just took a picture of Bruce's "Fuzzy Feet". Here is a link to the pattern here. I think this is the ten pair of these slippers I have made. They are so warm and toasty in the winter. The nights have been getting chilly here in New Hampshire. Bruce can hardly wait for these to dry. After I felt the slippers, I have the person put them on for a few hours. That way they mold perfectly to their feet. Have any of you seen the "Best Friends Dolls"? I was reading Lisa's blog the other day. She is making these adorable little dolls.If you scroll down her blog a bit you will see them. She said the pattern is in the Interweave Knits Summer 2002 issue. If anyone has one of these issue they would like to sell, please let me know. I am just enthralled by these little ladies. My niece Lacey would just love them.
I had to go over a customers house yesterday and help her with a computer problem. I forgot she had a little cocker spaniel named Sally. When I opened the door....This little dog came running to greet me. My eyes immediately filled up. She looked just like my beloved Brandy. He was a male, so she was much smaller. But, she resembled him so much. It took me about ten minutes to compose myself again. I lost Brandy a year and a half ago....But, it is just like yesterday. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I am sure many of you can sympathize.Pets become such a part of our lives and everyday routines.
In fiber news... I am finishing up my second pair of mittens to match my niece's ponchos. I am using all the scraps that are left over. Mitten are fun to make. I have been enjoying reading about Yarn Harlot's mitten obsession. She is working on an incredible pair right now. Check them out. She might inspire me to drag out my old copy of Robin Hansen's book, FOX & GEESE & FENCES. I bet I have had that book for ten years now. Well now, I really am rambling. I think I will go finish my mittens now. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...What to cast on next?