Monday, July 18, 2005

Bad blogger.....

I am way behind on updating my blog. But, there has been knitting and crocheting going on. I decided to finish up the Pinwheel Baby Blanket. It was driving me crazy sitting in the basket all by its lonesome. I was trying to figure out an edge for the outside. I decided on the edge I used on the "Truly Tasha Shawl". I think it looks really nice. I will post a picture later tonight. It takes awhile to knit this edge, and is nothing that can be rushed. I have also been crocheting potholders and matching dishclothes, to tuck away for Christmas. My sisters request them every year. They are a nice easy project to take out on the boat. I have three sets finished already. After I finish the baby blanket, I need to get back to my Branching Out scarf. Speaking of which... Have you seen Wendy's gorgeous scarf. I just love the color. She used Kid Silk Haze for her scarf. I have never tried that particular yarn. It is on my wish list. I have been reading quite a few books this summer. I am a huge Dean Koontz fan. In the last month, I have read "Life Expectancy", "The Taking" and I am reading "Frankenstein". I also finished "The Kite Runner" and "Honeymoon" by James Patterson. I really enjoyed "The Kite Runner", I had a hard time with the first 50 or so pages. Once I could keep the characters names straight, I was all set. I picked up a copy of "The Mermaid's Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. She also wrote "The Secret Life of Bees", which I just adored. My eleven year old niece has been playing All-Stars Softball this summer. The weekend consists of many games and tournaments. They won first in their district. Last weekend they came in third in the State finals. It has really been a joy to watch her play. She has a great coach, who is wonderful with all the girls. Well....I guess that does it for me. I have been home from work on a break between customers. I need to hit the road. Knit on Friends.

Edit:
I just enlarged the font size. The other just seemed too tiny. Is this easier on the eyes?