Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Small projects....

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. The weather was perfect here in New Hampshire. I had a very busy holiday weekend. Nary a stitch was knit.... We had a work related picnic on Saturday. I had a family picnic on Sunday. The kids had a great time swimming in the lake. They hunted for frogs and tried to catch sunfish. I am sure they all slept well Sunday evening. There were many summer people up for the long weekend. Different families had a display of fireworks all three nights. We took the boat into the cove and watched them every evening. I get nervous with "home" fireworks displays. Bruce made sure to be a safe distance away from all of them. We spent all three evening out on the lake till 11:00. It is so peaceful out there. The only drawback is it is too dark to knit. The weekend flew by for us, as a holiday always does. I was very pleased that I stuck to my Weight Watchers plan. As of last Thursday I have lost 20.6 pounds. Believe me, there were some tempting things at the picnics too.
In knitting news.... I have only worked another couple of inches on my "Branching Out" scarf. I did manage to make a hat from Hats On! Warm and Winsome caps for knitters . The pattern is the Norwegian Star. I love this book! The patterns are written in three sizes to accommodate the whole family. There are several I plan on making for the "Hat & Mitten" tree. This particular one is for the neighbor boy for Christmas. I have also been reading again. I love to take a book out on the boat. I am just finishing "The Taking" by Dean Koontz. I picked up a copy of "The Kite Runner" as my used book store. I think that is next on my list. Has anyone read "The Shadow Of The Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon ? Many people have said this is a fantastic book. I want to pick up a copy. In spinning news... My drop spindle has been sitting by itself in the basket. I am planning on attending The Island Pond Spinners meeting this Friday. I could not make their meeting last week. I had such a great time at the other meeting. I guess that catches up on what I've been doing. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I am posting a few pictures of the flying squirrels in the feeder at night. They come every evening. I am guessing some people will get grossed out by these guys. We love to watch them running up and down to the feeder. Okay...I admit is we are strange...lol.