Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Can I whine?

Can I whine for a minute? I am so @#$%^&*@ tired of being in pain. This pain from my shoulder is really wearing me down. I have been awake since about 2:00 a.m. last night. I sat up in the recliner all night with the heating pad. My physical therapy is coming along. I am making progress with my range of motion. But, the pain is constant. The doctor had given me Tramadol for the pain. The first three times I had taken the medicine, it made me nauseous. The fourth time I started vomiting.... So I tossed it in the trash. I am going to call the doctor in the morning and set up a follow up. I guess we will talk about the injection in the shoulder. I am doing everything I can to avoid surgery. Besides the shoulder impingement, I have some spurs on the rotator cuff. There is a nerve that catches on these. The pain will about bring me too my knees. I know my work aggravates the shoulder. The blow drying is especially difficult. Ok....I feel better now~ my rant is finished.
On to some good news. I finally bought the new Robin Hansen book, "Favorite Mittens". This is a wonderful book with many updates. I have her two older books. This one has some clearer instructions. There are several children's versions of some of the favorites. If you love to knit mittens, this book is one to add to your collection. Speaking of mittens. I made a pair this weekend to put away for my Hat/ Mitten tree next year. I also finished one of the socks for my sister. I tried a different toe decrease this time. It is the "Star Toe". I have to say I am very pleased with the way it looks. It is nice and round and looks comfortable. I am going to have Mary try it on this weekend. She wears a size 10 and a half,incase your wondering why the sock looks so big. There are no tiny feet in our family. I have nothing on my needles. I can't quite believe it. I am going to cast on the second sock. I have mittens running around in my head right now. I was thinking of the "Trellis "scarf from the new Interweave Knits. I think that is one the back burner till I find some light pink laceweight. I want to make it for my stepdaughter and she loves pink. I need a new pair of Fuzzy Feet . I have worn a hole in the heel of my old ones. I love that pattern. I have made about fifteen pairs of these since the pattern was published. They are very warm and toasty. I have been looking through blogs at all the wonderful Knitting Olympics projects. There are some amazing things out there. I guess I will close for now. I am going to dive into the stash and see what jumps out at me. Happy Knitting!