Friday, June 09, 2006

We are growing mold.....

It is raining for the seventh day in a row. We are starting to grow mold around the edges.It is going to rain all weekend too. I bought my hanging plants last weekend. They all look like terrible. Almost all of the bloom have withered away. I am sure they will come back when the sun decides to shine. Bruce worked on the dock this week. It had suffered quite a bit of damage from the floods a few weeks ago. It is not looking to good right now. But, this is good knitting weather. I finally took some pictures of the "Simply Lovely Lace Socks". My niece Hailey is modeling them for me.



I used Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the Winterberry colorway. The pattern is from the Spring 2006 Interweave Knits. I love the color of these socks. It was a simple and fun pattern to knit. I already am planning on making a few pairs of these. As soon as the girls saw the picot edge they requested some for Christmas. I have had this sock yarn in the stash for three years now. I knew I wanted to make something a little more special with the yarn. These definitely fit the bill. Hailey also modeled a pair of mittens that I made for my Charity Mitten tree.




She was all excited about modeling the socks and mittens for me.These are the mittens from
Weekend Knitting. I used some Handspun and a strand of mohair. This was some of the yarn I picked up at the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival. These were also a big hit with my nieces. I plan on making them a few pairs for the winter. Last night I gathered some of my scrap acrylic yarn together. Have you heard about the "Basil and Abner's Critter Charity Drive" over at Rebekah's? I am going to work on some critter blankets.I also want to knit a few catnip mice if I have enough time.If you want to help out drop Abner a note on Rebekah's blog. My Mom and I donate to our local shelter in Dover too. Both of out cats came from their shelter. I am going to leave you with a picture of Miss Peaches. She has enriched our lives greatly.