Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Yeah I finished!!!!

I just finished the "Flower Basket Shawl". I posted a picture below of how it looks before blocking. It seems so tiny... I think it will bloom once it is blocked. Would you believe this is the first time I will actually be blocking something. Everything I have ever made looked fine and need no blocking. They tell you to soak the shawl for twenty minutes. I am going to have to buy some blocking pins too. I really enjoyed this pattern. I have to say the Skacel laceweight merino was a pleasure to knit with. I used two strands through the whole project. I may have had a heck of a time winding it..... But, it was worth the efforts.I have enough yarn to make a second one. I just might do that while the pattern is fresh in ,y mind. I am in love with lace work. It is so fun to watch all those yarn overs and SSK's create a work of art. I think I am going to invest in Barbara Walker's Second treasury of knitting . It is supposed to have quite a section on lace work. I would love to be able to afford all of her books. I think this is the one I want to invest in first. If anyone owns her books , please feel free to let me know your thoughts. It is late...And I have a busy day on the books. Good night for now my friends.