Thursday, September 09, 2004

A worth cause and other ramblings...

I was reading Cheryl's blog today. She has been making some chemo hats for a hat corner at Gilda's club. Since it is a new project she made a batch to donate. If you read today's post she is asking for some help. She is not going to donate her hats till the end of September. If anyone has the time to make a hat or two it will be much appreciated. I have some left over Homespun in my stash and a few other things that will make some nice hats. After reading Sandy's blog today , I decided I too need a simple project right now. I think the hats are just the thing. I was all ready to pick out an intricate shawl of some sort to cast on. I think that can wait for now. I was very frustrated last night... I have a couple of inches to go on my Leaf Lace socks. I tried them on my chunky feet and decided my ankle are to thick for the socks. The beautiful pattern is all bunched up. I really don't want to frog these socks. So.....I was thinking this morning of finishing them for someone else. Why waste all the work I have put into them. No one in my family will wear them as they like thin socks. I emailed a friend to see if she might like them. Off to work on my hat.