Saturday, October 30, 2004

Mitten frustration

First off, I would like to thank everyone for the kind words about Miss Peaches bed.She has not used it since the night I took the pictures. If I find she is not using it...I will pass it on to Mom's "Shadow". He loves to curl up in anything. I did finish the Butterfly throw. Just need to snap a couple of shots. I am bout half way through a second throw. The last three days I have been working on mittens. I thought I would try a few patterns from the web. These are mittens for my "Mitten Tree" at work. The first one I worked up to the decreases. I could not get the decrease right on the large size. So rippppppppppppp... The second pattern was a two needle mitten. I worked up to the decreases and the fit was horrible. The third pattern was just not pretty. So, I will chalk this up to a learning experience. I have plenty of mitten patterns I can use. I did come across a pattern for a very pretty cable mitten. I printed it out for future use.I have a fondness for anything aran. Must be the 100% Irish blood coursing through my veins. I am going trick or treating with my sister and nieces this evening. I sure hope the weather clears. It is overcast and rainy right now. Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Knitting.