Thursday, January 27, 2005

Keeping busy...

Thanks everyone for the comments about Peaches. Of course we just think she is beautiful. She does bring much joy to our lives. I also love to feed the birds... We have many feeders that I keep up all year long. I am never sure if I am torturing Peaches or she enjoys them. As you can see from the picture, I have been busy. I'll start with the felted clogs. The Gjestal yarn from Elann required six cycles to felt. I was getting a little nervous that I would have to scrap them. They finally felted short enough....But, I really wish the width has shrunk a bit more. I generally use Lamb's Pride yarn. It felts beautifully in my machine. The Gjestal is fairly fuzzy too. I will try another pair that is not a Men's size 11 to see if that makes a difference. I finished the socks which were for me. I was using the "Simple Sock" pattern from Socks Soar on Two Circular needles. I had made the men's size thinking I needed the width in the cuff. When I tried them on to start the toe , they were too big. I was just about to frog them both..... When my husband yelled"Don't you dare! Can't you finish them off for me?" So, now Bruce has a lovely pair of socks to wear ice fishing under his boots. I just love the way the yarn striped. The felted hat is for my sister's birthday in February. The picture does not do it justice. The color is a purple heather shade from Cascade 220. It was my first time using the Cascade, it felted beautifully. In other news....I had a crown put on my tooth yesterday. My mouth is still tender today form all the poking around. The crown will cost $900.00. It is going to take me forever to pay that bugger off. I will continue to knit out of my stash for quite awhile. $900.00 could by a bunch of gorgeous yarn. What the heck was I thinking?