Saturday, January 15, 2005

Mittens and socks...

Well... I finished the "Lapland Mittens". They are TOO small for my hands. I did get some advice from Beth to try aggressively blocking them. Take a look at her gorgeous "Baltic Mitten". These were so fun to knit. I just have no one to knit them for in my family. My stepdaughter do not wear mittens. My sisters and nieces said they are nice but not their style. I guess I can knit a few pairs for myself. I have invested in "Magnificent Mittens, "Mostly Mittens" and "Folk Mittens". I am going to take the other two books to family and see if anything catches their eye. I am working on my socks. I am almost finished with the gussets. They always seem to fly after the gusset. I love to knit my socks two at a time. You never have to worry about the second sock syndrome this way. I was going to cast on a pair of felted clogs. I realized today I don't have a size 13, 24 inch needle. I called my LYS and they are out of them for a week or so.I plan on making many clogs to put away for next Christmas. I think I will wait to felt them till closer to the end of the year. One of the pair of socks that I made for Lacey were too small. I made them about four month's before Christmas. Well, she is seven and growing like a weed. So any socks I make for the girls I will add a bit of length . I was looking at Lacey's socks that I made with sock yarn from Elann (their house brand). They have only been washed 3 times and are pilling . Has anyone had this problem? The pair of Opal socks I made are holding up beautiful. I would love to hear some of your favorite brands of sock yarn. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know.