Friday, January 07, 2005

Hats abound...

As you can see ...I have had "Hats" on my mind and needles.These two hats were made with "Lamb's Pride", one Bulky and the other 2 strands of worsted weight. I used
Helen's Fabulous Fulled Hat pattern. It really is a great easy pattern. I also have just felted a dark grey one made with Gjestal Naturgarn No. 1 from Elann. I just finished shaping it a few minutes ago. I like this yarn.... It is a wee bit hairy, but made a nice firm fabric.It took four cycles to felt to the right firmness. I will definitely order more of this for felted clogs. The socks are what I am working on right now. I love the striping of the yarn. It is called Fun and Stripes. I just love the colorway. I had bought this yarn on Ebay last year.I have enough sock yarn for six pairs of socks in my stash. I want to use it up before I buy anymore. My sisters and nieces all received two pairs of socks for Christmas. They have been raving about them all week. Time to start knitting for next Christmas. I also have a confession to make "I knit dishclothes". I made eighteen of them through the year for Christmas presents for friends and family. Everyone begged for more for next Christmas. They are a nice portable project for the car or in between customers.Time to go shape my hat a bit more. Have a great weekend everyone.