Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Folk Mittens....

Look what I made!!!!!!! This is the Lapland Mitten from Folk Mittens. I have been dying to try these since I have seen them on Sandy, Stephanie, Vicki and many others blogs. They are addicting...It is like watching a puzzle come together. I was totally fascinated my the little braid in the beginning of the pattern. I have worked a quarter of the way on the second one. Only one problem.... They do not fit my chubby hands. They are a Women's medium and I went up one size on the needle. I used Galway worsted weight wool for yarn. I showed the mitten to my sisters and nieces tonight. They all said,"Ohhhh, that is nice....But not my taste". I was sadly disappointed as I had planned on making many of them. Speaking of mittens. I forgot to tell you all about my "Hat and Mitten Tree" at work. It was a huge success. I had about 60 pairs of mittens and 30 or so hats and a few scarves. I gave them all to the homeless shelter in my town. It was such a rewarding experience. I will definitely make it a yearly event at the salon.Think I will put on a pot of coffee and read some blogs. All for now...