Friday, February 11, 2005

Sock tips...

Thanks everyone for leaving some of your favorite toe decreases. It is interesting to see all the different types. I just finished a pair of socks last night. Of course, I forgot to take a picture while photographing the hats. The little white hat is Surprise chapeau from Minnowknits. I used some leftover baby yarn I had in my stash. But, I think it is just adorable. I am going to look for some type of fancy chenille to use on the stripes. The other little earflap hat is made with one skein of Regia 6. I just think this hat is darling. I would like to have made I-cord ties for it. They called for making two inch long braids. There was just enough yarn to make the chain ties. I am putting these hats away to use on my "Hat and Mitten "charity tree next Christmas. I received a beautiful letter from the homeless shelter. They were thrilled to receive so much. I hope to make next year even more of a success. I started one of these Window pane mittens. I was using some Red Heart that was in my stash. I am up to the thumb, but I am going to rip it out. I just hate the stiffness of Red Heart. These mittens are quite cute. The second yarn in the window pane is Bernat "Boucle". I think they will make a warm mitten. I need to see what else is in the stash for a substitution. I am enjoying my Secret Pal. It has been fun looking around for ideas for her. Well....I am off to read some blogs and see what everyone is knitting. Have a great weekend everyone.