Monday, January 31, 2005

Secret Pal has begun... I 'm so excited.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I avoid Red Heart because it is so stiff. But, occasionally use Lion Brand for a few things

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I would love to learn to spin. I do crochet,just not much anymore. I prefer to knit
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies

4. How long have you been knitting?

I taught myself to knit at eight years old. I used to go to a Girls Club program after school. They had a few books with instructions. I have been knitting for 37 years, YIKES!!!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon Wish List

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Lilac or Rose

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes, I love Sour jellybeans

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I like to sew and stained glass
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

No MP3's. But my computer plays CD's. I love Eva Cassidy, Allison Krauss, Dixie Chicks, Stevie Knicks , Natalie Merchant. I guess mostly women artists.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

Blues purples, reds. I guess more of a winter palette

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a wonderful husband and three fantastic grown stepchildren. I have a gorgeous cat named "Peaches". She pretty much rules the roost in our house.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I have only been married for four years after being single my whole life. I waited 39 years for this wonderful man. So, I would say my dream is to have as much time with him as possible. Life is wonderful and I feel very blessed.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I do not have a favorite...Anything that is soft. I have never used Alpaca, it is on my list one things to try.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Red heart and anything that is scratchy or stiff


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I have been obsessed with mittens . Most recently I have been wanting to make some fairisle hats.


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love lace and cables and socks are one of my favorite things to knit.

17. What are you knitting right now?

A pair of socks and the "Bias Stole"

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I like to knit them for others...But they look horrible on me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Both ,I tend to use circulars more often

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I am a big fan of Addis. I have a ton of Bernat aero needles too.


21. Are you a sock knitter?

Yes, I like to knit 2 socks on 2 circulars. I always have a pair of socks as my portable project.


22. How did you learn to knit?

I guess I answered this one above


23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Happy to report I have no UFO. I have a thing about having too many projects going. I only ever have the main project and a pair of socks. Weird , huh?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I love cats and dogs ( lost my beloved dog two years ago). I am not in to animated characters.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Easter

26. Is there anything that you collect?

I am not a collector of anything. But, I LOVE to read and have a very full bookshelf.