Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Eternal Edging....

I am working on the edging of the Truly Tasha shawl. The edging really makes this simple shawl beautiful. I have worked for about 10 or 11 hours on this edging. I have two thirds left to finish. This is going to be a warm and practical gift for my mother in law. She gets very chilly in the evening. I can picture her wrapped up in this beauty. I also started a Pinwheel Baby Blanket. I am making this one in acrylic , so it will be machine washable. It is a nice easy project to take anywhere. I picked up my new glasses on Monday. They are my first pair of bifocals and have the Progressive lens. I have been having a heck of a time with them. Especially at work.... Looking in the mirror then dropping my head to cut hair. I have been nauseous all week. I knew it was the head bobbing that was the problem. During a haircut, I need the mirror and to be able to look down. I went and had them adjusted yesterday. The distortion seem better. I also have a stigmatism in both eyes. I really want to get used to these lenses.I have been faithful in wearing them all week. It is funny.... My fear of bifocals was falling down. That is not a problem at all. Wish me luck as I plod along. It seems many people in blogland are at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I imagine they are having a ball. Maybe next year I will try to go.It is another rainy weekend her in New Hampshire. I believe this is the fourth weekend in a row. I don't think I will be buying flowers anytime soon.I also revealed myself to my Secret Pal this week. It was the lovely Liz from Dalai Mama. I really enjoyed sending her things. I had accidentally left my signature on an email when Secret Pal started. It was one of those automatic signatures from Yahoo. So , she knew off the bat I was her Secret Pal. Jacqueline wrote her and told her she assigned her a new pal. So ,I was very careful to not reveal myself again. She says I fooled her , so that makes me happy. Well... I am off to put on some coffee and catch up on some knitting. Have a great weekend friends.