Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The elegant Ewe...

I made a trip to the Elegant Ewe in Concord last Friday. I just love that store! It takes me about an hour to drive there. That is probably a good thing. I could spend every penny I make. They have a great selection of patterns and books. They have a lovely selection of yarn too. They offer a spinning class which I would love to take. I might look into that, it is on the weekend. I poked around for two hours. The owners are very friendly and helpful. They answered any and all questions with a big smile. So what did I purchase...You are wondering. Well.... I found the Flared Smoke Ring pattern. I was going to order that from Knitpicks. I bought the "Lucy Bag" pattern , which is from "Two Old Bags". Also, an adorable crocheted earflap hat pattern. I think this will be nice for hats for my Hat and Mitten tree next year. I finished up my final gift for my Secret Pal too. I think the reveal is at the end of the month. I am almost finished with "The Shapely Shawlette". I am very pleased with the looks so far. I also am working on a pair of these Booties. I will post a picture later. I need to Kitchener the bottom seam. It makes the cutest little booty. My step daughter is trying to have a baby. I am making these for her. When she finds out she is pregnant, she will wrap them up and surprise her husband. I can't wait for our first grandchild. I love to knit baby items.. He or she will be one toasty child. I'm off to catch up on my blogs and do some knitting.