Friday, April 08, 2005

Felting lesson......

I just posted a few pictures below. The first is the Lucy Bag prefelted. I will get back to that one in a minute. The second one is Night on the Town from Fiber Trends. The third is the unblocked Shapely Shawlette. Now....Back to the "Lucy Bag". I have been working on this bag since last weekend. I had bought two skeins of black Dale of Norway "Falk" quite awhile ago. It was intended for some mittens. I had picked up a skein of pink Dale of Norway 'Heilo" a few weeks ago. So, I thought it would be cute to add some stripes and make the whole top in the hot pink. I ended up being short on the hot pink. So yesterday I ran over to Spinning Yarns in Dover. They did not have the pink, so I grabbed a skein of black "Heilo". I did some frogging last night , then finished the other handle in black. Now, I realize you need to felt with 100% wool. I just finished felting the bags about a half hour ago. The Lucy bag is a felting disaster. The "Heilo" has felted beautifully. The Dale of Norway "Falk" is unfelted. I ran out to grab the ball band for the yarn. In teeny, tiny print under 100% wool is machine washable. DUH!!!!!!! I have it drying now. But, I know it is going to be pretty useless at this point. The bag cost $24.00 to make. I so hate to waste money! On a happier note....The night on the Town bag is adorable. I will post a picture when it is dry. I made that bag with Lambs pride. It is definitely one of my favorite yarns to felt with. Not sure what I am going to cast on the needles next. I also finished another hat for the homeless shelter. I am putting these away for next winter. On April 4th , I celebrated my third year of quitting smoking. I can't believe it has been three years. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I quit cold turkey. I want to share a wonderful site, that helped me tremendously. It is called Quitnet. It has a wonderful support system and free to use. If you are thinking about quitting, check the site out. My husband is gearing up to quit. I am hoping this will be the year. Moving right along... I have been loving this cardigan , Marilyn from Blackwater Abbey. I even love the color they are showing. I am going to give this project some thought. I think I will browse through my patterns and pick something to put on the needles. Have a great weekend everyone.