Thursday, April 14, 2005

Birthday and knitting....

The other day I received the color swatch sample from Blackwater Abbey. Can you see how vivid the colors are? What an amazing sample ...You really get a good idea of the feel of the yarn. I can see an order in my future. I have to say Marilyn has been more than helpful in answering my emails. I had emailed her a few questions about a pattern. The customer service is incredible. That can be a rare thing these days. So, I like to acknowledge it when I can. I posted a picture of the little "Night on the Town" bag from Fiber Trends. It is going to be a Christmas present for one of my sisters. She loves my felted bags. I had seen this bonnet over at Jewel's blog, A Stitch in Time. I thought it was adorable. The pattern is called "Valerie and Friend" from Fiber Trends. Can you tell I am a huge fan of Fiber Trends patterns? I made mine out of a Brown Sheep "Cotton Fleece". The color is Victorian Rose. I like this yarn. You do have to watch that it doesn't split. But, the finished hat is very soft and comfortable. Well....Tomorrow I turn 46 years old. Where does the time go? I am going to have lunch with my sisters and Mom. That should be a nice afternoon. I think I will head to Spinning Yarns too. I will be right around the corner from the yarn shop. I have been back to a low carb lifestyle for three weeks now. I had lost thirty five pounds last year. I have had 15 of it creep back on since November. I also checked a few exercise tapes from the library. I feel so out of shape right now. I have tried one of the tapes for the last three days. I lasted about twenty minutes. I figure any exercise is better than none. I just ordered a walking video over Ebay today. It sounds like a good low impact workout. Wish me luck... I am off to curl up with a good book right now. Happy Knitting everyone.