Friday, August 05, 2005

Pins and needles.....

I have no knitting content today. My poor blanket is languishing in its basket. My life the past few weeks has been wrapped up with my cat "Peaches". I found out yesterday she would need the surgery for "Megacolon". She had not passed any stool since Sunday. I had to take her back to the vets yesterday. Her bowel is seriously impacted. There was one point yesterday..... I was told I may have to choose to put her to sleep. My vet does not do this type of surgery. He thought the success rate was minimal with this surgery. By the end of the day, he put me in contact with the doctor across town. He specializes in this surgery. I transported her to the hospital last night. The doctor was very thorough and explained everything. He feels she will have no problem pulling through the surgery. It is very serious as they remove all of her colon.She will have a long recuperating process. Eventually she will be able to live a "normal" life. Basically all the medicines and procedures we were using did not work. There is no other alternatives but to operate. I know all of the pet owners can relate to the lengths we will go for our pets. If she had cancer or some other condition, I make make other choices.She is only seven years old. We brought her home from the shelter three years ago. She is such a huge part of our family. I just received a call from the vet. She is under anesthesia and being prepped for surgery. I am on pins and needles waiting for the next call. I think I will get my shower and keep myself busy for now. I'll end this post for now and add an update later.

**UPDATE**
Peaches came through the surgery. Dr. Woods said there was no doubt it was a case of "Megacolon". The colon was about four times its normal size.She is resting comfortably now. We are going to go see her some time tomorrow. If all goes well,she may be able to come home early next week. Thank you all for your wonderful hugs and thoughts.Off to try and get some sleep. Have a great weekend everyone.