Friday, October 14, 2005

Rain, rain go away...

It has been raining for a week here in New Hampshire. I wish the sun would peek out just for a half hour to renew our spirit. I posted some pictures of the lake from last Sunday. We woke up at 7:00 a.m. and the neighbors sailboat was floating by our beach. The lake had risen two and a half feet. Bruce put on his waders and pulled the boat . Our ramp usually rest on the beach. The were boats loose all over the lake. I think all this rain has paid it's toll on the foliage this year. I was hoping for some gorgeous color around the lake. The leaves are rapidly falling and barely have any color.Oh well..... Some years we are not so lucky. Last year was just gorgeous and seemed to last a long time. We are very fortunate in our area to not have much flooding. The western part of the state has really been hit hard. Especially around the Alstead area. They are forecasting more rain. Hopefully there will be no more damage. On the knitting front..... I felted my "Canteen Bag" from Interweave Knits Fall issue. This was a fun pattern. I used Gjestal wool I had purchased last year from Elann. It felted beautifully for this bag. I remember I was not pleased when I had used it on some felted clogs. I made this for my eleven year old niece Hailey. She is just going to love the style. I really have a good jump on my Christmas knitting projects. I am still knitting mittens for our Hat and Mitten tree at work. My latest pair is from a pattern that does not have a picture with it. I have been knitting a few pattern from the Internet that do not have a photo. It is really a challenge to knit along blindly and see how it works out. These are called Mittens for Lise . I think they are interesting. It is a double basket weave pattern. It is sized for a women medium to large. What do you think? I am working on the left mitten now. I guess that is all for today. Have a great weekend everyone.