Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Projects and canning...

Don't you hate it when Blogger eats your post? I had a post for the weekend that never materialized. I spent the weekend canning spaghetti sauce and making hotdog relish. I know canning is so much work. But, isn't it great when you are eating it all winter. I have an incredible hotdog relish recipe. It is made with green tomatoes and red tomatoes, green and red peppers, onion and brown sugar. If anyone would like the recipe, let me know in the comment section. It was given to me several years ago by an elderly client. It was her grandmother's tried and true recipe. On Saturday I was up at 4:00 a.m. to start my spaghetti sauce. My husband was going off to fish Lake Winnipesaukee for the day. As the sun was coming up on our lake I tried to take a picture of the mist. It was so beautiful. I think you can see a bit of the mist in the picture. So, what do you think of the
Mary Janes ? I used a J or a K needles to make them bigger and then felted them. I think they are just adorable. They are great for little bits of leftover wool. I also felted the the "Lucy Bag". , LeAnne is going to love this bag. I am still working on mittens and have several pairs finished. I also made some
Lovikka Mittens . They need to be felted and then embroidered. I will post some pictures later in the week. I forgot to mention.... We were up in Center Harbor last Sunday. There is a great place to launch the boat for that end of
Lake Winnipesaukee . My husband drove over to
Patternworks . What a wonderful store! If you are ever in that neck of the woods you need to stop by. They have a wall of Koigu that will make your mouth drool. I bought some Alpaca Boucle for these incredible mittens. I will show you that later in the week. Well....I need to get out the door to work . I am working till 9:00 tonight. Have a great day everyone.