Thursday, September 22, 2005

Felting Frenzy and mittens...

I have been working away on mittens. The small mittens are a great little pattern. They will fit a two or three year old. It is a free mitten pattern called Child's mitten . What a great way to use up scraps. I am going to make a few pairs of these mittens. The homeless shelter needs mostly school age mittens. But, last year they had several young toddlers living at the shelter.The blue mittens that are felted are from the Robin Hansen, "Knit Mittens". These were very fun to knit and I love the embroidery. The red ones are the famous Lovikka Mittens. I really love the shape of the thumb and the rounded top of these. The Polar Bear mitts were a little pointy for my taste. I have been concentrating on using up my stash of yarn. So, I decided to make this little bag for Lacey. I did not knit the partition for the middle. Lacey is eight years old and will fall in love with this bag. She is a big fan of lime green and orange. I started a "Canteen Bag" from the Fall issue of Interweave Knits. My niece Hailey picked this out while flipping through the issue. I am using some Gjestal wool I had purchased from Elann quite awhile ago. It is light blue and Navy for the trim.It should make an adorable bag. I also finally finished the "Branching Out Scarf". I am going to block it this weekend. Whew....I guess I have been busier than I thought. The last photo I posted is Miss Peaches. One of my customers made her that little catnip pad. She is in love with it. You can see her shaved belly in this photo. She is healing very well. It is hard to believe it has been six weeks since her surgery. Can you believe how much money has been raised for Give a little . Knitters are amazing people! I am still going to Weight Watcher. I just hit my 35 pounds today. I am very excited to say the least. On to my next five pound increment.... Well, I am going to sign off here and get out and enjoy the day. Happy Knitting everyone.