Saturday, November 13, 2004

Trip to the Charlotte's Web

Hello out there...I feel as if I have not posted in forever. Today I made a trip to Charlotte's Web in Exeter. I love this yarn store. They have so much to choose from. I posted some pictures of what I purchased. I need to make a few chemo caps for two different ladies. I am going to make one in the Mission Falls cotton and the other in the Berroco Chinchilla. The cream colored Lamb's Pride is for another Coronet Hat for my Mom. I also purchased some sock yarn for the "Retro Rib" socks in the new Interweave Knits. They did not have a good selection of solid yarn. I really wanted something totally solid. But, this has some small flecks of color.I still think it will make an interesting pair of socks. I bought the pattern "Chains in the Sky" by Moosely Mitts. I can't find a link to show you right now. The men's hat is for my Hat and Mitten tree at work. I had a few customers bring in a couple of hats and mittens. I am hoping as the holiday season kicks in I will be receiving many donations. In other knitting new...I have been trying to be careful and not overknit. My wrists are getting better since I stopped mass producing mittens. I am working on the "Best Friend's doll from The Summer 2002 issue of Interweave Knits. She is just adorable. I am going to put some hair on her this evening. Hope to post a picture in a few days. She will be a gift for Lacey who is seven years old. I think she will just love her. Have a great weekend everyone!