Saturday, December 11, 2004

Busy,busy....

Hello fellow bloggers... I have not updated in awhile. I am finally over my bronchitis and feeling much better. I have been busy knitting as you can see from the photos. I took your advice on blocking the Coronet hat for Mom. It looks so much nicer blocked. I have one more to block. I went out and bought a wig form for all of $2.49. It is a nice way to show off your hats. I have the grey rolled brim hat in the washer now. Time to go check the felting process... It is coming along nicely, just a few more minutes. I love the felting process. You can see in the picture how huge the hat is pre-felted. I used one strand on Lambs Pride Chunky (2 skeins). I have about a half of skein left. Here is the pattern I used for this Hat. I have also made another pair of Fuzzy Feet. I had worn a hole through my other pair. I think this is about the 16th pair of these I have made. It is a great pattern and can be adjusted to many sizes. The other project I finished was a baby hat and pair of booties. This is a present for my daughter's maid of honor. She is due in February with her first child. So...As you can see I have been very busy clicking my needles. I went to Spinning Yarns yesterday to buy some more yarn for felted hats. I bought some beautiful pink "Montera" and some Lambs Pride black. The pink is for a hat for my mother in law. She has snow white hair and will look gorgeous in this color. We will be heading to Pennsylvania for the holidays. We are so looking forward to time with kids. I always just pray the weather cooperates for the trip. The coolest thing just happened...I just got off the phone with Amy's Mom.We had a very nice chat. She had left me a message yesterday. She is on her way to see Amy for the holidays. She only lives about 20 minutes from me. What a small world it is.I am always amazed at the power of reaching out on the Internet. Her Mom and I are going to get together for coffee after the first of the year. Well...I have been working on this post for awhile, time to publish.