Friday, November 19, 2004

Of Mice and Men...

As you can see from the picture below, I have furiously been knitting catnip mice. All the family and friends cats will be receiving these little fellas. What a great way to use up scraps and they were fun to make. What a blast I had making the "Best Friend's Doll". This is going to be a present for my niece Lacey. I made the doll blonde and blue eyed, just like her. Of course, being a hairstylist, I had to make the hair plenty long. I think she is just adorable and want to make another one. I finished my "Chinchilla Chemo Cap". I forgot to take a picture before I mailed it off. What a lovely and soft cap this yarn makes. I would recommend it for anyone making chemo caps. I have also started another "Coronet" for my Mom for Christmas. I am in very good shape for Christmas this year. I just need to think of some unique ways to wrap up my knitted goods. If you have a suggestion...Please feel free to comment. I also wanted to tell you about a new skill, that makes life much easier. If you like cables , you have to try "Cabling without a needle". Here is a link to the site I used. It is very easy and saves so much time when making cables. I love cable work. I think it adds such richness to a piece. I like watching all the twists and turns come to life. I have been at my sister's church all afternoon and evening. They are having a big craft fair tomorrow. I was helping to organize the "Toy Room". I am so tired that I am making all kinds of spelling errors. Time to sign off for now. Have a great weekend everyone.