Sunday, December 19, 2004

Felting Frenzy...

I have been busy felting slippers, hats and clogs. It has been awhile since I had done some felting. I forgot how much fun it is. I had made these children clogs quite awhile ago. I had stacked them away with some other things that needed to be felted. The clogs are the infamous Fiber Trends pattern. I made these with Lambs Pride. I love this pattern so much that I have ordered a bunch of Gjestal Naturgarn No. 1 from Elann. I had read some blogs that were using this single strand as it is bulky weight. I am going to make a bunch of these clogs for next Christmas. The hat pattern is from Felted Knits. I used Classic Elite montera for this one. I love the pink color. My mother in law has snow white hair, so this will look lovely. I have already felted and given away the grey hat. I forgot to take a picture of it. I got together with my family on Thursday evening for our Christmas. They all raved about all the knitted gifts. My nieces just loved the Best Friend Doll and socks , etc. It makes you feel so good to know your hard work is appreciated. We are leaving for Chambersburg, Pennsylvania on Friday. We are so looking forward to seeing the kids and Bruce's family. We will be gone for the week between Christmas and New Years. I want to take a minute and wish you all Happy Holidays with your family and friends. If I do not get to update before we leave. Happy New Year friends!!