Friday, February 25, 2005

Dyeing away...

My fingers are stained purple, red and yellow....Why you ask? I have been taken over by the Kool-Aid dyeing bug. After visiting Norma's blog and seeing all of her lovely yarn makeovers. Also, Maureen over at "Batty for Yarn" has been using her vacation wisely. She made a list of things she wanted to accomplish this week. Let me say that has been one busy lady. I thought I would jump in and try some long awaited dying. I have had a bunch of old Bartlett yarn that was given to me about six months ago. The colors are the very pale heather shades. Several of them are a gold tone, that I don't care for. So, last night I started with some Tropical Punch on one batch and then a batch of Lemonade. They came out great. I have pictures ...But, alas the camera has decided not to cooperate tonight. Currently , there is a batch of grape on the stove. Then I am going to try to get a bright blue. The Tropical Punch I dyed right over the gold yarn. I'll try to get the pictures up tomorrow. Have to fly, the buzzer just went off for the grape batch.