Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Into the frog pond.....

Well....My Stashbuster Spiral sock went into the frog pond. I ripppppped the whole thing out. I had gone about three inches past the Sherman Heel. I just didn't like the looks of the heel. As I inspected it closer , I had two small holes in the side of the heel. It was bugging the heck out of me. I am not a convert to the short row heel. This was my third pair of socks with that type of heel. I am going to give the Priscilla's "Dream Socks" a try. If you have a subscription to Interweave Knits, you can enter your code and print off this pattern. It is a short row heel...But, I am willing to give it one more try. I am finishing the decreases on the matching thrummed mitten. I love to knit mittens. I had heard about this Mitten Along group on Yahoo. I think it will be fun to see what mittens people are working on. I joined the group last night. Check it out if you are a mitten freak too.Off to blog...