Sunday, February 20, 2005

Mittens and socks...

I just posted a picture of my thrummed mitten. I love the little red hearts against the black Lamb's Pride. I just started the thrums on the second mitten. In sock news....I am pleased to announce the sock did not beat me. I had fiddled around with the toe of the "Stashbuster Spiral Sock" , the other evening. After several frustrated attempts, I put the sock down. I picked it back up Friday evening. This time the pattern made perfect sense. I guess it had much to do with my mood on the first attempt. I do not have a huge supply of sock yarn. This was the best color combination I could get together. It is a fun pattern to knit. I have just finished the gussets. Next up is the Sherman Heel. I have done this heel a few times before on a different sock. I love the way the jogless jog works up. I would like to try this technique on some hats too. I guess that's it for now...My mitten is calling me. Oh, I forgot to mention that my Secret Pal loved her first gift. I am putting something else together for her. Wish I could share it with you...But, it's a secret.