Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Raining Cats and Dogs...

It is raining cats and dogs out there..... I just got home from work and ready to curl up and knit. Two of my favorite shows are on tonight, "Lost" and "West Wing". I fiddled around three times with the new sock from the Six Sox KAL. I have done toe up socks several times before. For some reason I was not understanding the toe part. It tells you to repeat and that was were the confusion started. So....I got very frustrated and put them down for now. Instead, Norma had made a pair of Spicy Oatmeal thrummed mittens. She even had some of her own handspun in the cuff. The colors are gorgeous. I was thrumming along before Christmas and had made three pairs of mittens. I remembered I had more roving tucked away in my tote. I dug out some left over Lamb's Pride Onyx and some super soft red roving. I forgot how much I love the thrums. This red is very slippery and different from the others I have used. But, they look like little red hearts against the black mittens. I will post some pics later in the week. I am off knit and roll some thrums....Happy Knitting everyone.