Friday, March 18, 2005

Secret pal and Dishclothes...

I received a lovely package from my Secret Pal the other day. It was two different shades of Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca.One shade is an eggplant and the other a beautiful blue. She also a a card with lilacs on it. Lilacs are my very favorite and I have never used Alpaca before. She obviously put much thought into my gift. Thank you Secret Pal. I may use this yarn for some mitten from "Magnificent Mittens". I have been knitting some dishclothes to put away for next Christmas. My sister and daughter love these. They are always on the list of what they want. I think the little house ones are cute. The "Spinning Wheel" is a nice way to use up left overs. I have started the Shapely Shawlette using the Mountain Colors Red Ruby River. It is working up beautifully. I still want to place an order from Knitpicks. But, that is going to have to wait till funds permit. I have been lusting after the Flared Smoke Ring pattern for quite awhile. I have called all the yarn store in my area and no one carries it. They do have it at Knitpicks, so I will order it when I order the yarn for the Shoalwater Shawl. Tomorrow is going to be a gorgeous day here. Hoping to get out and enjoy the day. Have a great weekend everyone.