Friday, March 04, 2005

Dream Sock

I have been working on a pair of socks. I am using the "Dream Sock" pattern from Priscilla Gibson Roberts. If you subscribe to Interweave Knits, you can get the pattern for free . You need to put in your subscriber code. It is a great pattern and has a short row heel and toe.I know...I was ranting and raving about the short row heel on the Stashbuster socks. This heel uses a yarnover wrap at the beginning of the row. It seems to eliminate those gaping holes. I used the zigzag bindoff that the pattern calls for. It seemed too bulky with for the yarn. I ripped it out and did a Kitchener stitch. I like the way it looks. I am using Plymouth Sockotta for these socks. I really like this yarn. I love the feel of the fabric, it is nice and cushy. I have been working on some hats for charity too. I need to figure out what to do with my Kool aid yarn. I wanted to knit the mittens that are on the cover of Knit Mittens. I can't get the gauge that the pattern calls for. I am going to make another swatch this evening. Hopefully I will be able to come close. The Bartlett's is a heavier yarn than Lamb's Pride, yet not a bulky weight.Have a great weekend everyone.