Friday, March 11, 2005

Snow,snow and more snow...

We were visited by Mother nature yet again this week. By Wednesday morning we had another 10 to 12 inches on the ground. They are calling for more snow today into Saturday. Spring seems so very far away. Yesterday, Anne had a great picture of some of her daffodils in bloom. I might just have to go out and get myself a pot of flowers today. I finished the "Dream Socks" and posted a picture last night. I really love this pattern and especially the way the toe is worked. So, Off I go to try the pair of socks on.....Guess what? The heel does not fit my chubby foot. It is too short. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this problem. I'll tuck this away for Hailey for next Christmas. I had planned to use this pattern for several pairs of socks. I love the Sockotta yarn,. It makes a beautiful and comfy sock.On to my next project. I dug out my pattern for the Shoalwater Shawl. I had bought this pattern quite awhile ago. I had also purchased some Ruby River from Mountain Colors. I really had my heart set on making this in blue. At the time my LYS did not have any suitable blue shades. I looked over the pattern last night. I think I will be disappointed if I don't make this in blue. So, I went to Knitpicks last night and looked at yarn. I am really thinking of using the Yukon shade. What do you guys think? I know I have read that the colors seem different in person. I am hoping it is not a light blue. If anyone has bought the "Yukon" shade in Sock Landscape, I would love to hear your thoughts. I need to find something to work on in the meantime. All my needles are empty, and that's not a good thing. If you are in need of a smile.....Head on over to Kim's blog. She has many pictures of her adorable puppies. I can't help but smile when I look at the pictures. I lost my beloved cocker spaniel two years ago. I must be healing, all I can talk about is puppies. Please don't tell Peaches I said that. Have an awesome weekend everyone.