Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Peaches new home and Baby Blanket...

I would like to take a minute, to thank you for all your healing thoughts for "Peaches". I wanted to drop each of you a note, but have been very busy with her care. She came home from the hospital on Monday afternoon. We have instructions a mile long for her care. The most important being..... She can not be running around and jumping for three weeks. The first thing she did when we opened the carrier was jump up on the couch and desk. Needless to say Monday was a whirlwind. My husband stayed home from work and designed a cage/pen for her. As you can see from the picture, she has extra room. I tried confining her to a large dog crate. She tried to claw her way out. There was just not enough room for her. She is on a morphine patch and several other medicines. I have to carefully bath her incision and rear end each day.

For the most part she is quite medicated and sleeping all day. I wake up the minute she cries at night. It is kind of a pain whimper and breaks my heart. I think she is coming along in her recovery. She is eating and drinking and using the litter box. It is still quite painful for her. We go back to the surgeon on Friday. I have only been working till 2:30 this week. My husband leaves for work at 2:30 and it takes two of us to administer the medicine. My customers have been very understanding. We are up to $3,000.00 dollars for her care. Thank god, I had a zero balance on the credit card. I know we made the right decision with the surgery. I have no regrets at all. I will tighten up the budget and figure out a way to pay the bill off. We both are willing to sacrifice whatever it takes for her care. I had a few customers that said we were crazy to put that kind of money into a cat. She is a part of the family and gives us more love and affection then we can count. You can not put a price tag on that!

Now.....On to some knitting content. I FINALLY finished the edging on the

Pinwheel Baby Blanket . I am very happy with the way it looks. I can't remember if I said I was using the edging from the "Truly Tasha Shawl". Now I am going to get back to my "Branching Out" scarf. I am getting the itch to cast on a pair of socks too. I guess I will close for now. I am so behind on reading blogs. I am anxious to see what everyone is working on.